Whether you're buying clothing online or in-store, knowing your measurements is crucial to ensuring a proper fit. An arm's length measurement can make a significant difference in the fit of a shirt. Measuring your arm length can be tricky, but it's essential for getting the right size and feeling comfortable.
You will feel uncomfortable and untidy when your shirt is too short or too long in your arms. Your shirts will fit perfectly and look sharp if you know how to measure your arm length correctly. This post will discuss how to measure your arm length to get the right fit for your shirts. Let's dive in.
How To Measure Arm Length For Shirt
Measuring your arm length for a shirt can be easy with these simple steps:
Get a Properly Fitted Shirt
Finding a properly fitted shirt is a critical first step in measuring your arm length for a shirt. When measuring your arm length, having a shirt that fits well around your shoulders is critical. When searching for a shirt to use as a reference, look for one with correctly fitting shoulder seams.
If you don't have a shirt that fits properly, you should get help from experts who can take measurements shirtless. However, measuring your arm-length shirtless can make finding the right point on your shoulder more challenging if you are not experienced. It's important to remember that a well-fitting shirt can make all the difference in your overall comfort and appearance.
Measure From Neck Nape To Shoulder Seam
With the help of a friend or a measuring tape, measure from the bone at the base of your neck to the top of your shoulder where it meets your arm. It is your nape-to-shoulder measurement.
Measure From Shoulder Seam To Wrist
Take measurements from the top of your shoulder down to your wrist. Be sure to keep your arm straight and relaxed. It is your shoulder-to-wrist measurement.
Add The Toal Arm Length
Add your nape-to-shoulder measurement to your shoulder-to-wrist measurement. The result is your total arm's length.
Check your measurements
Double-check your measurements to ensure accuracy. If your measurements are between two sizes, it's best to size up for a comfortable fit.
Careful Tips Before Arm Measurements
- It's essential to keep your arm straight and relaxed when measuring from the shoulder seam to your wrist. It will ensure that your measurement accurately reflects your natural arm length.
- When measuring your sleeve length, if the measurement falls between quarter-inch marks - it is best to round up to the nearest half-inch for more precise measurement. It ensures a more accurate fit when ordering your shirts.
- It can be challenging to take precise measurements by yourself. You should take help from a friend or expert to correctly line up the measuring tape.
- Remember to take your time and avoid rushing through this step to ensure an accurate measurement.
- If you have a shirt that fits you perfectly, measure its sleeve length to get the ideal measurement for your new shirt.
Following these steps, you can accurately measure your arm length and ensure a perfect fit for your shirt. Taking accurate measurements is crucial, as an ill-fitting shirt can be uncomfortable and unflattering. Check the size chart of the brand you purchase from, as each brand has slightly different sizing. You can feel confident and comfortable in your outfit with a well-fitted shirt.